Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

New Story.

So... I have this problem.

It's called 'not being able to finish a novel, ever', and I believe it's quite chronic. By the time I got near the end of my first novel (I never finished it), the writing at the beginning was childish and simplistic while the writing at the end was more sophisticated, because I had grown years older. The characters didn't even behave the same at the end as they did at the beginning. It was illogical, inconsistent, stupid, stupid and... stupid. *wince* I wince when I think about it. *wince*

I have approximately 42 novels in the works at this point, and I've just started another one! Yay for me!

Seyf is fighting a war against his older sister. The populous Mekra'ash party wants to make him king, but the powerful Ishraq'ash support his sister; neighboring nations are beginning to choose sides too, and when a prominent criminal organization gets involved, things spiral even further out of control. Seyf's Mekra'ash followers think he can win, but how can he win a war he doesn't even want to fight?  

It's called The Chaos I Am. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep that title yet, but anyway, I made covers, and I'm going to show them to you. Yay for you!






Which cover do you like best? Do you think I should post some of the novel? (Some is already up on my Figment, but I might give you guys a sneak peek*, if you want.)

----

*EDIT: First I accidentally wrote "sneak peak". Those mountain summits can be sneaky sometimes.

/facepalm

3 comments:

  1. About your writing problem, where you can't finish anything, that used to happen to me all the time. I've found that it's really helpful to plan out the entire novel first, so you know exactly what each of the characters are going to do at what times. That way, the characters won't change as you get older, and you can keep all the facts straight. Now, I can write whatever part of the novel I feel like at any time—or even chapters from later novels in the series—because I already know what's going to happen. And it's important to go back again and again for revisions and more minor edits, since maybe as you get more mature, you get new ideas for certain parts of the novel that hadn't crossed your mind before. (For example, I recently added a rape scene that I hadn't originally put in, because it fits the chapter and adds a dark sense of maturity that was originally lacking.)

    Hope that helped! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I halfheartedly tried that once, but it didn't work, mostly because I was lazy.
      However, I really like The Chaos I Am and don't want it to die, so I will definitely try again! I feel like it would probably help to be able to write whatever part I want at whatever time. Thanks! =D

      Delete